Class B Chopper [One-quadrant Operation]
1) Class B Chopper is a chopper that is step-up
2) When chopper is in, E drives a present through L and R in a direction other to that shown in figure.
3) During the ON period of the chopper, the inductance L stores power.
4) When Chopper is OFF, diode D conducts, and area of the power kept in inductor L is came back to the supply.
5) Normal output voltage is positive. Typical output current is negative.
6) Therefore Class B Chopper operates in second quadrant.
7) In this chopper, energy flows from load to source.
8) Class B Chopper can be used for regenerative braking of dc motor.